Skip to main content

The Waves

Against you I will fling myself, unvanquished and unyielding, O Death!
Virginia Woolf

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Comments

Xeb said…
No no no honey!
Wrong visual image! :P
You need the dark broody cliffs and the monstrous waves underneath to make this effective!
Xeb said…
Ps: Thanks :)
Pps: Where are you? Home?
decaf said…
But she walked into a river, with stones in her pockets :)

PS: Yup, home. What're they making at your gate? The whole ground's broken up.

PPS: Where we went, there were no cliffs :(
Xeb said…
She did? Well i alwasy thought she was a little dumb! :P

They're making a swimming pool in my driveway! ;) hehhe nai they're making a water tank and its a pain in the neck cause our cars need to be parked at someone else's house and so on!

Also, bring paulian over sometime soon, he promised to come over and then fill out my book for me!! :P
okay?
psnob said…
hey...more frequent updates please? :) :p

Popular posts from this blog

On Home

A few months ago, I was sitting on one of the small stools in the kitchen, the ones that make you feel like a little child again, waiting for the water to boil. I was making tea for my dad and thought how cool a feeling that was, to be home again, doing home-things in a warm kitchen where everything was as familiar as it was leisurely. But later, in a different city, in a place just called home, a place that I have to remember by numbers - fourth right turn, third house on the left - a place I have to recognize by signboards and which I sometimes pass over in the dark because I miss the gate, a place where almost-strangers let you in when you ring the bell; I waited the same wait, standing and waiting for the water in a newer pateeli . It wasn't warm at all; it was just a cheerless, empty, disconsolate feeling. It made me feel low to even think of another place as home. Eating in alien plates, drinking in alien glasses. I never learnt to memorize the house number or the telephone n...

A Room with a View

It felt like there was a lake there, almost. At night the windows full of white light were reflected in the water and it felt like I had a lake-front room, with a lake-front view, for just a day or two. This morning:
There's something with driving that I'm always hard pressed to define - when I do, it's always cliched, never being able to convey the meaning I want to. Everyday, I see the gorgeous orange lights curving their way across the wide empty toll road, and I can't help but wish I had a car to take to the road. A car not just to drive, not just to speed across the tarmac, or to hear the air rush by, but just to set me free. There it is again. I suppose I had to try. I once drove as an escort for my cousin. She is a naturally fast driver, and she was in a hurry that day - I was only there because it was late and she had two small children with her. She drove really fast, but never in an attempt to lose me in traffic. I think that, given the choice, I'd never have been a fighter pilot - I'd choose to be the escort for a bomber, or some important plane that had to be protected. Like a lioness protecting her cubs: never the aggressor, but always defending staunchly. I fol...