Skip to main content

A Room with a View

It felt like there was a lake there, almost. At night the windows full of white light were reflected in the water and it felt like I had a lake-front room, with a lake-front view, for just a day or two.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

This morning:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Comments

Batool said…
WHOA! The pictures are beautiful. I wish I could have been there. Fabuluous.
SR said…
Beautiful MashaAllah =)
psnob said…
ooh nice pictures :D deja vu - what camera do you have?
psnob said…
oyeee, am gonna link to this post on lahore.metblogs.com ..hope you dont mind :D
Ent said…
argh! you beat me to the punch! i had similar pics! havent been able to post em yet though..will...soon..
decaf said…
pokerface: Thanks :D I wish you could have been there for the rains too. The washed out green and blue on campus was gorgeous.

Shaima: Thank you :)

psnob: I have a Canon too :) Powershot A75. And metblogs? I'd be flattered!

elf: Dude, it's not a competition! Ease up :)
No fuss said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said…
heh, neither actually...i just cut up a picture. :)
Anonymous said…
teh last comment was also by me - the deleted one :/ i was accidentally signed in frmo my friend's blogger account :p
psnob said…
heh, nope im not...it was just a list i found online .. :)

Popular posts from this blog

On Home

A few months ago, I was sitting on one of the small stools in the kitchen, the ones that make you feel like a little child again, waiting for the water to boil. I was making tea for my dad and thought how cool a feeling that was, to be home again, doing home-things in a warm kitchen where everything was as familiar as it was leisurely. But later, in a different city, in a place just called home, a place that I have to remember by numbers - fourth right turn, third house on the left - a place I have to recognize by signboards and which I sometimes pass over in the dark because I miss the gate, a place where almost-strangers let you in when you ring the bell; I waited the same wait, standing and waiting for the water in a newer pateeli . It wasn't warm at all; it was just a cheerless, empty, disconsolate feeling. It made me feel low to even think of another place as home. Eating in alien plates, drinking in alien glasses. I never learnt to memorize the house number or the telephone n...
There's something with driving that I'm always hard pressed to define - when I do, it's always cliched, never being able to convey the meaning I want to. Everyday, I see the gorgeous orange lights curving their way across the wide empty toll road, and I can't help but wish I had a car to take to the road. A car not just to drive, not just to speed across the tarmac, or to hear the air rush by, but just to set me free. There it is again. I suppose I had to try. I once drove as an escort for my cousin. She is a naturally fast driver, and she was in a hurry that day - I was only there because it was late and she had two small children with her. She drove really fast, but never in an attempt to lose me in traffic. I think that, given the choice, I'd never have been a fighter pilot - I'd choose to be the escort for a bomber, or some important plane that had to be protected. Like a lioness protecting her cubs: never the aggressor, but always defending staunchly. I fol...